December 7, 2013

Shoe Bag Selfie with Reebonz


Hey guys!

A slightly different post today, featuring my feet. Stop perving. Yes, you.

Why do I have floating shoes and bags?

*Reebonz is (well, was.) having an instagram competition called Shoe & Bag Selfie, which the title is pretty self explanatory. Instead of taking pictures of my babies all dolled up and camera ready, I decided to do something different. I tortured them by dropping them to the ground countless times.
Here is a link to my entry on Instagram!

*If you don't know what Reebonz is, check out the end of the blogpost!

A fun fact, the Celine bag above used to belong to my mom 25 years ago and she's passed it on to me! Seriously, after 25 years, the bag is still in near perfect shape and probably after a good bag spa, it would look brand new! I'm seriously impressed by the beautiful material and workmanship.

I have always wanted to try floating photography when I saw my very first one on Flickr almost 10 years ago. I thought it was magical and that image stuck on my mind till today. Never would I have thought I would have the camera knowledge to achieve such a magical shot. I guess my unnecessary fiddling with my camera's manual mode paid off.

I achieve the shot above by jumping and dropping my shoes and bag at the same time. I was lucky enough to have a very patient bf help behind the camera. After a few hundred tries, I finally landed a few presentable shots. Boy was a breathless at the end! If you're on a lookout for a new workout method, I highly recommend trying out floating photography. The amount of jumping and squats to pick up your dropped object is bound to give you fab legs!

Here are a few failed shots I managed to save, purely for your entertainment.


As you can see, I look like I'm being abducted by aliens. It was pretty difficult to jump 'elegantly'. I never knew I was an ugly jumper. My feet was a complete mess even when I was trying to channel my inner Black Swan.


Probably because I have the world's strongest toes? Ah. That must be it.

If you've been a long time reader, you'll probably notice this has been the most number of fancy schmancy filters I've ever used in my life, considering Instagram has us spoiled with countless filters. I don't even use them on my Instagram.

I was planning on trashing all my failed shots but decided to play around with photoshop to see what I could salvage. Today, I learnt that the right filter can turn a zero into a hero. Probably like how putting on the right heels could brighten your day and make you feel like a million bucks. 

With that, I say 'Believe in Filters'.


*Reebonz is an invitation only online luxury retailer offering gorgeous items at a discounted price *gasp!*. Get this, they also offer free shipping on all orders *double gasp!*. Seriously, the world 'discount' and 'free shipping' is enough to make a girl scream 'Take my credit card already!!'.

I discovered Reebonz back in 2009, when I only knew what LV was and thought it was the most expensive luxury brand available to mankind. Boy, was I living under a rock. Since then, I have filled my brain with an unnecessary database of lust worthy bags and also an unhealthy appetite for, as I call them 'Ooo... Pretty bags.'

If you're interested in a retail therapy session or just wanna drool at them 'pretty bags', here's my invitation code. Thanks! I really appreciate it!
http://www.reebonz.com.au/member_invite/may

Before I sign off, I'd like to say something.

HA HA HA dibs on the short 'username'! You know what I mean! Never have I ever called dibs on 'May', which is probably taken up on every platform known to mankind. How many of you out there have silently cursed someone for so called 'stealing' your desired username huh? You probably hunted them down and jabbed at their profile picture.

Alright, I should go now. Before that, tell me about your favourite luxury brand, or maybe about that gorgeous bag you're lusting over so we can lust over it together! I have my eyes on you, Phillip Lim.

Cheers!

♡ ♡ 

M.May

  Blog  Twitter  Instagram 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a ♡ message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...