May 17, 2011

Exam stress - Procrastination?


So... I really wanna blog but I have nothing to blog about. I do have a bunch of pictures but they really need editing. Can't be bothered.

Teehee...

Exams are in 3 weeks and I haven't started studying.


It's my fault cause I've been procrastinating and stuff...

I've been having a tough time trying to force my body to get up and get going. It's a horrible feeling.

I realised it's just mind over matter, but it gets pretty hard.


I think blogging about it helps.

I mean, it's written down.

=P

I hear people talk about procrastinating all the time.

Heck!! Some people love to brag about their procrastination.

I'm sure you would have heard someone say this before

"Oh hahaha!! I started my assignment at 5am today and I just passed up my assignment. Awesome right?? 12 hours!!"

Pifftt...

I picked up a bunch a leaflets from the Monash HUB and one of them was about procrastination.

Why do people procrastinate?

Here are my biggest reasons:


1. Wanting pleasure, avoiding pain.
- dislike doing things that seem tedious or boring.
                                                                                  
2. Disorganised environment.
- study or work area in a mess.

3. Poor time management.
- seem to waste time.

4. Fear and anxiety.
- worried that you will do a poor job.

There!! I admitted it.

Phewww...

If procrastination is getting you down, don't be afraid to admit it.

This blog post is just a friendly wake up call to those who's suffered many many setbacks due to procrastination.

So to those of you who's putting up a task by reading this blog post, here's a short list of ways to stop procrastinating.

1. Be honest.
- Admit to yourself and others that you've been putting off doing tasks.

2. Find the right time to do it.
- When you finish a task that you enjoy, quickly switch over to work in the less attractive task that you've been avoiding.

3. Do it in stages.
- Start by doing a small park of the task, then do some more. Over time, you will see that you can finish it.

4.  Focus on the positive.
- Make a list of all the good things that will happen if you stop procrastinating and all the bad things that will happen if you don't.

5. Make a change.
- Clean up and organise your work space to motivate you to get started on your task. Turn off (or turn on) music.

6. Just do it.
- DUH!!

There's so many more ways to stop procrastination. These are just a few I wanted to write down.

It serves as an eye opener to myself and also to you readers.

So to everyone out there, get up your butt and start a change.

Good luck.

Cheers!!

♡ ♡ 

M.May

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a ♡ message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...