So... I really wanna blog but I have nothing to blog about. I do have a bunch of pictures but they really need editing. Can't be bothered.
Exams are in 3 weeks and I haven't started studying.
It's my fault cause I've been procrastinating and stuff...
I've been having a tough time trying to force my body to get up and get going. It's a horrible feeling.
I realised it's just mind over matter, but it gets pretty hard.
I think blogging about it helps.
I mean, it's written down.
I hear people talk about procrastinating all the time.
Heck!! Some people love to brag about their procrastination.
I'm sure you would have heard someone say this before
"Oh hahaha!! I started my assignment at 5am today and I just passed up my assignment. Awesome right?? 12 hours!!"
I picked up a bunch a leaflets from the Monash HUB and one of them was about procrastination.
Why do people procrastinate?
Here are my biggest reasons:
1. Wanting pleasure, avoiding pain.
- dislike doing things that seem tedious or boring.
2. Disorganised environment.
- study or work area in a mess.
3. Poor time management.
- seem to waste time.
4. Fear and anxiety.
- worried that you will do a poor job.
There!! I admitted it.
If procrastination is getting you down, don't be afraid to admit it.
This blog post is just a friendly wake up call to those who's suffered many many setbacks due to procrastination.
So to those of you who's putting up a task by reading this blog post, here's a short list of ways to stop procrastinating.
1. Be honest.
- Admit to yourself and others that you've been putting off doing tasks.
2. Find the right time to do it.
- When you finish a task that you enjoy, quickly switch over to work in the less attractive task that you've been avoiding.
3. Do it in stages.
- Start by doing a small park of the task, then do some more. Over time, you will see that you can finish it.
4. Focus on the positive.
- Make a list of all the good things that will happen if you stop procrastinating and all the bad things that will happen if you don't.
5. Make a change.
- Clean up and organise your work space to motivate you to get started on your task. Turn off (or turn on) music.
6. Just do it.
There's so many more ways to stop procrastination. These are just a few I wanted to write down.
It serves as an eye opener to myself and also to you readers.
So to everyone out there, get up your butt and start a change.
♡ ♡ ♡