May 31, 2011

Paper Eyelashes


A while ago, I stumbled upon this


I was like, 'what is wrong with her eyes??!?'


Upon closer inspection, I realised they were false eyelashes!


YES!! Eyelashes.


Paper eyelashes to be more precise.

SHOOT!!

I mean... Look how delicate they are!

They' were designed by Ting Yu Wang and you can check them out on Paperself.

 Horse

Deer and Butterfly

Peonies

Gosh. It's hard to believe that these intricate things are made out of paper.


I think I'd be scared a actually handle them.


Imagine applying glue to the lash band and... RIPPP!!


*cringe*








These awesome eyelashes were inspired by the traditional art of Chinese paper-cutting.


Chinese paper-cutting appeared between 618 - 907 AD and reached it's peak during the Ming and Qing dynasty.

Apparently, it is one of the basic skill Chinese women have to acquire before she can get married.

Talk about serious!!


She has to cook, clean AND entertain the family with paper cuttings!!


I can fold paper swans tho...


Look at the details on this. It's so delicate and detailed.

Actually, it's so detailed that I'm not sure what is it.

Looks like a monster or a Pokemon to me.

=P


*PINK!!*

I wonder how big it is.

I'm also curious to know how flimsy they are.

Maybe it'll break as soon as the wind blows?

Ooo... Scary...

Back to the eyelashes!!

I wonder if they're mass produced by a 'cutting machine' or are they hand made individually?

At USD$21 a pop, I don't think they're hand made.

But then again, I could be wrong.

On that note, I'll leave you with my favourite paper eyelash design.




The pretty peacock.

Cheers!!

♡ ♡ 

M.May

2 comments :

  1. I love this concept, like love love it, but i'm the clumsy ditz that would like y'know.. rip it when i take it outta it's packaging. I like the models that advertise it though, super gorgeous, even tho it's not for daily wear unless you like getting the odd stare here & there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I really wanna know how flimsy they are. The could be made from some super cool reinforced paper for all we know. Heh.

    But seriously, I think if someone were to wear them out in real life, it would look like an odd blob.

    @Jen

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a ♡ message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...